Monday, December 8, 2008

Snow and a lot of preparations


The problem with sewing Christmas gifts is that you can't show on the blog what's unfolding. So, instead, here's a photo of our weather as of this am. Had to cancel a service last night. We've nearly a foot of the white stuff.
I can say that I'm working on something purple and that soon I'll be working on this flannel material for the nephew's PJ pants. I can show you this because I'm sure his Mom won't tell him! He's 3 so I hope I can still get away with cute fabric. Wazoodle calls this Vintage Cowboy/girl. Joel says he remembers having an item from his Grandma out of similar material.





This Friday, it's my turn to do craft at playschool. My hidden motivation in this craft is starting kids young in the fun of fabric. I'm cutting out some Christmas characters from flannel fabric for the kids to make Christmas cards. In the midst of lots of seasonal work in my job, I'm finding it rather soothing to cut out the pieces. Last spring, I found paper doll and bear pattern online, cut out clothes from colourful fabric scraps and the kids could choose which clothes they wanted for their doll or bear and paste them on. Turned out the Moms enjoyed the craft the most!

1 comment:

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

Good Grief!! You have a lot more snow than we have!! It is pretty if you do not have to drive in it. So love the western type flannel, it is too cute!! Take care, it is a busy time for you but so exciting if you have a little one in the house.