Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Valentines



What do you do when Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday? Make Valentines for your congregation, of course!
Don't know how I came up with this crazy idea -- but it was fun and the folks seemed to appreciate the thought and effort. Each Valentine has the Scripture passage that's key to the congregation's mission.
I used leftover red fleece and stiffened that fabric with scraps of interfacing. I sewed on the strips of paper with gold rayon thread I got at a garage sale. I've a bunch for promotional magnets that I cut up for magnetic strips that were then glued to the back so that people could put them on their fridge.
I am finding these tangible symbols seem to be helpful to people. A few weeks ago I gave out scrolls, one to each person, and each had a single word from the Scripture passage for that week i.e. "Release" "Freedom", "Recovery", "Sight", etc. Surprised me that weeks later, some folks had still held on to their scroll.

No comments: